It’s Monday and I’m refilling my coffee cup for the third time to ward off the yawning. I’m trying to be more thankful for the little things, and as cliche as it may be, it really makes a difference. Wherever you are in life or location, here are some universals on this Monday to be thankful for:
- You had a restful, beautiful weekend full of something other than work or school. Cherish that time you had to rejuvenate.
- You have a job or class to wake up for. So many people don’t — remember that.
- If the sun is shining where you are, realize it and be thankful. If it’s raining or gray, be thankful that sweater weather hasn’t yet subsided.
- That glorious cup of coffee you’re sipping on (for it’s magical powers and bold, smooth taste).
- Catching up with co-workers and friends after the weekend. You have people in your life that want to connect with you — don’t take that for granted.
- If you’re like me, you have a Sunday evening laundry tradition, which means that come Monday morning, all of your favorite clothes are clean. Your favorite comfy chic sweater is enough to ward off the Monday blues.
- Leftovers for lunch. Maybe you went on a date or stayed in and cooked up a storm this weekend, making for a tasty lunch of leftovers.
- Your entire week is ahead of you. Don’t think of it as a foreboding five days of work, but as time to accomplish what is needed, love those around you, and spend time doing what you’re passionate about. This day, and the rest of this week, have the capacity for so much beauty.